Staniel Air - Florida
Founded in 2017, Staniel Air is one of the fastest growing aviation companies in Florida and the Bahamas. Staniel Air began operating in the Ft Lauderdale Executive Airport and is looking to expand more routes into Florida and the Bahamas. Providing affordable, reliable, short-haul passenger air service to an area that has little to no accessibility by commercial airlines, Staniel Air offers Scheduled and Charter flights all over the Bahamas and US.
Staniel Air has been conducting Charter operations under Part 135 based out of FXE. Our route structure allows pilots to be home every day during their workweek, along with flexibility on schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safely maneuver the aircraft during all phases of flight; monitor all flight conditions including weather and cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and ensure proper loading; make alternate destination decisions when the intended destination is unavailable.
• Maintain command in all situations as they arise due to unexpected circumstances during the flight; ensure proper communication with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers during the flight; file all reports required by the FAA and report any unusual aircraft behavior or performance to dispatch or maintenance personnel; properly record flight hours in conjunction with dispatch and adhere to FAA rest requirements and company directives.
• Maintain familiarity and knowledge of applicable changes in regulations and procedures concerning the safe operation of all company aircraft; maintain thorough knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks, and protocol; serve as a positive constructive and communicative leader for the company and its customers.
• Review company correspondence on a regular basis, including emails and voicemails; submit all transmittals, expense report and other company documents/correspondence in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with policy and procedure.
Requirements for position:
• 1200 hours minimum; 500 Cross Country; 100 Night; 75 Instrument with no more than 25 simulated
• Must have Caravan Experience
• Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
• Radio Operators Certificate
• Valid US Passport
• Must be authorized to work in the US per the Immigration Act of 1986
• Must pass a 10-year background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be comfortable in all-weather operations in a Cessna caravan for a year-round, daily international operation to various destination in the Bahamas and US.
• Staniel Air prides itself on a superior passenger experience; all pilots must possess exceptional interpersonal skills as you will have considerable interaction with passengers.
• Pilot compensation is based on flight time flown and is very competitive to similar operations. Additional Cessna caravan experience may increase compensation.